Who We Are
Meet the Inspectors
- Bachelor of Science, Business Finance from the University of South Alabama
- Home Inspector Pre-Licensing Course from NACHI (145 credit hours)
- Passed the National Home Inspector Examination
- Passed the ASHI standards and ethics exam
- Continuing education classes each year
- Business Networking International
- Rotary International
- University of South Alabama National Alumni Association
Other Fun Facts
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Volunteers at Habitat for Humanity
- June 2017 Small Business of the Month, Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce
- 2018 LISA BETHEA KAVANAGH OUTSTANDING YOUNG ALUMNI AWARD, University of South Alabama
- Rotary club president
Doug Johnson, Owner & Lead Inspector
Doug Johnson, owner, and lead inspector graduated from the University of South Alabama with a degree in Business Finance. During his time in school, Doug began work at a local church and school as a maintenance man. While working his way up to Maintenance Supervisor in just two years, he developed an extensive working knowledge of how buildings are built and maintained.
Later, his friend purchased a house for the first time and upon visiting the friend, Doug noticed some issues with that house (one being structural, others were simple fixes you would want the seller to address). After asking his friend, Doug discovered that the home inspector neglected to inform the new home buyer about some real issues with the house. That inspired Doug to change his vocation and to work toward helping home buyers in lower Alabama to have quality inspections and know exactly what condition the building is in before purchase.
He began the intensive training process to become a licensed inspector and in April 2012 was licensed in the state of Alabama (HI-3074).
Growing up, Doug’s family moved around a lot. This meant that Doug was privileged to experience first hand many different types of homes. From 100+ year old homes to brand new ones, ones on slabs and ones with basements converted attics and non-insulated walls, plaster walls, popcorn ceilings and so on. Rest assured, although he is younger, his youth is not a setback or lack of knowledge; it means he is agile and able!
In his spare time, Doug enjoys home improvement projects. In 2016 he successfully flipped his first house; it was both a learning process to better inspect home renovations and a cash flow positive endeavor.
Jonathan is a bright young man who scored exceptionally high on the National Home Inspector Exam. He attended the ASHI training school for new inspectors and is a licensed inspector in the state of Alabama, license number HI-4313. Jonathan has two miniature schnauzers and loves all types of animals. He is a graduate of Baker High School.